Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting ready for baseball season

TGIF..........I thought today would never end at work! All I could think of was my new blog and what I would write about. Since you already know that painting is my passion you should also know that I like to bake and cook. So I was thinking, why not publish a great recipe along with my pictured glassware. After all that's why people buy it......hopefully to use it right!?!

I spoke to a customer today that wanted to order two chip and dip sets hand painted with the Phillies sports design. She is giving each one as a shower gift. Guess the recipient is a great Phillies Phan and who isn't. So in honor of the upcoming Phillies season I am posting a few of my Phillies designs for you.
Spicy Hummus Dip
1(14.5oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained
2 rounded tbls. tahini sesame paste
A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. crushed pepper flakes
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 clove garlic
course salt
1/3 lemon, juiced
Pita breads, grilled & cut into wedges for dipping
Combine beans, tahini, oil, pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, garlic, salt and lemon juice in food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste. Transfer into our small dip bowl and surround the warm pita wedges on the plate.
 
A nice cold beer on opening day?
 

For the wine drinker
 
Cranberry-Mango Wine Cooler
1/2 C. cranberry-mango juice (such as ocean spray) or any cranberry juice
1/2 C. orange juice
1/2 C. Merlot or other dry red wine
2/3 C. seltzer water
2 lime slices
2 orange slices
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a pitcher, serve over ice. Garnish with lime & orange slices.
 
 
Magarita's anyone!
 
And there's much more with cookie jars, coffee mugs and pilsners too. If the phillies aren't your team I can paint whatever your favorite team is.  There is a full sports line at Morning Glories. So get ready for baseball season and "GO YOUR FAVORITE TEAM!http://www.etsy.com/shop/morningglories1
 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! I love the painted pieces. Perfect for the sports fan during a game! I came across your blog via Linked In. :)

    ReplyDelete