Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Snowing Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Once again it has snowed again here in the eastern part of the country. Thank goodness the weather reporters scared us for really nothing, it only snowed 2 inches. Piece of cake for all of us after the 12 inch last snow storm. Glad you were wrong weather reporters!
So because of the scary report my office closed for the day so I cooked. (Can't take too many more of these snow days.........I'm starting to gain weight!!!)
These were some of the ingredients
          This was the end product










So I decided to cook a recipe I've been wanting to try, Pasta e Fagioli. and here is the recipe. Try it I think you will like it.
Pasta e Fagioli
1 tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1 large carrot, sliced
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 tbs. fresh basil, chopped
2 tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
1-2 cups canned or fresh tomatoes
1 cup canned kidney beans or bean of your choice
4 cups chicken broth
2 tbs.lemon juice
1/2 tbs white wine vinegar (I used white wine)
1 tsp. dried oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup cooked short pasta
Grated parmesan cheese

Heat olive oil in heavy saucepan or dutch oven. Add onion, garlic & carrot & cook until the onions caramelize. Add the zucchini, basil, parsley & spinach. Cook until wilted. Add the remaining ingredients except for the pasta and cheese. Bring the mixture to a boil & simmer gently 20-30 minutes.
When done add cooked pasta and serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.

This soup was delicious but I will say the my mother in law Josephine made a mean Pasta Fagioli and it was very good also and one that I make every Good Friday. 




And this was dessert, Duncan Hines brownies! 
Don't you want to just lick that spatula!











So if your in the mood for cooking try this recipe, I think your love it.
And while your enjoying your soup and brownies visit us at:

No comments:

Post a Comment